Famous Last Words: I've been thinking

So I have been thinking about what I am going to do after I graduate in December. Ahh! It is only a month and nine days, but who is counting. Overall I still have no idea what I want to do, I thought of a neat idea for a store. I told a fellow classmate and she told me that I should get a though journal to write down this idea and any other idea that I may have.

You ready, here it is.

So you know how you have clothing boutique stores? But what about one for good quality affordable kitchenware and goods.  Think like a more affordable smaller version of William Sanoma. I would sell different pans and pie plate may look for a local artist to help design some. Then we would have classes in the evening a couple nights a week. Kind of like the wine and palette idea where you can create something to take home, but with baked goods. I was thinking about cake and cookie decorating classes, how to classes where they mainly watch, a pie night (I will explain this one a little more in a bit), I thought of a pasta making night also once I learn how to make pasta from scratch, and lastly &Me classes for kids to come and learn also with their mom, dad, grandparents, aunts, and uncles etc.

Okay, the Pie Night class. The past couple years for Thanksgiving I have been in charge of pies for my mom's side of the family, all from scratch. The pies that there are never any leftovers for are my cream pies: Chocolate and Coconut each with meringue topping. For this class, we would make everything: crust, filling on hot plates with a double boiler is all you need and meringue. The price would include a new pie plate from the store, or for a discounted price bring your own pie plate. I would have a double standard kitchen oven in the teaching room in the back of the store to toast the crust and meringue while we took a small "break" during the class.

I think that each class may include something from the store to take home with them along with the recipe that we did and of course the yummy food. The friend I was told me she would like to start a spice business so I could sell them. Then I follow some amazing cake decorators on Instagram and I love the sprinkles that they use, they are more than the ones you can find at the grocery store I have not seen them anywhere yet. So I would have a wall (or section) of AMAZING sprinkles. I remember seeing before I think on Etsy a pie carrier box but I have not seen it since that one time. I would do some research in that to make sure I am not stealing any idea or anything but if not, may make my own (with my dad's help of course for the first couple) to sell in the store.

I still have no clue what I want to do when I graduate in a little more than a month. But I am liking this idea for a store and to teach people how to bake and decorate. I am thinking of making a video this year of making the coconut cream pie and posting on Instagram. I will keep you all posted as well, and may post it here on famous last words as well for my fellow bakers in this class.

Photo by rawpixel on Unsplash

Comments

  1. -Also once I get the technique down, a friend in my capstone class mentioned macaroons. so a class for that. And subscription boxes after the store has been going for a while, a year or so.
    -gluten and soy free section of sprinkles also.
    -maybe some home goods
    -can make to sell hot bowl cozies? counter size hot pads, etc.
    -Just need to keep track of ideas I have to go along with the store.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment