Week 10: Famous Last Words a Ballet

This week a Ballet

Image result for okc ballet alice in wonderland
Queen of Hearts
So today, Saturday, October 27th, 2018, I went and saw Alice in Wonderland the Ballet by the OKC Ballet at the Civic Center Music Hall. IT WAS WONDERFUL! I do not think that I have been to a ballet before if I have it has been a good many years. The music was tranquil at times throughout the show. My favorite character in the show was the Queen of Hearts and Cheshire Cat. I may incorporate visuals from the ballet into my storybook somehow if I can find an image that is from the ballet that I can use. I liked the Queen because from all the versions I feel that somehow she is a misunderstood character. In the ballet today I liked her outfit and hair. The Cheshire Cat instead of being pink and purple in the ballet today was more of a blue theme. The gentleman that played him was funny to watch when he would act like a cat around Alice. Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-Dum are always a comic relief in the stories. In the ballet, they reminded me more of clowns. 

Also throughout the ballet, there were little kids in the show! Baby flamingos, small doors, hedgehogs for the crochet game, flowers, and piglets. I was surprised by all of the younger dancers in the show. I definitely have an urge now to go to more shows, besides the seats are really close together. 

Hopefully, this weekend/ next week when I am working on my storybook I will be able to incorporate some visual effects that I saw today into my version of Alice in Wonderland. Maybe instead of a tea party, make it a dance party. The flowers could be an orchestra and the Mad Hatter, the Hare, Dormouse, and a few other characters could all be in attendance and Ali can show them how to Floss and other new dance moves. 

Images: 
Queen of Hearts, https://twitter.com/okcballet 

Comments

  1. Oh, this is so cool, Megan!!! Just from looking at the poster, I figured this would be a wonderful experience. It's not too often that I really regret not living in Oklahoma anymore, but this is one of those moments: I absolutely would have gone to to see this show. I love the idea of little kids being the hedgehogs and having baby flamingoes too! Thank you for telling me about this so I could put it in the announcements this weekend, and thanks also for sharing your experience there. How marvelous! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment